Compiling Perl GD on AIX 4.3.3

PWGSC/TPSGC

Has anyone successfully compiled Lincoln Stein's Perl GD module on AIX
4.3.3? I have tried both the IBM C compiler and gcc.

PWGSC/TPSGC

I found the problem I was having. I was getting my FreeType
(freetype-2.0.1.0 ) from www.bullfreeware.com. Unfortunately, this does not
include the header file ft2build.h which gd requires in order to
successfully compile. Once I got my FreeType (freetype.2.1.8.tar.Z) from
http://aixpdslib.seas.ucla.edu/ the compiling went fine. I was able to
compile gd v2.0.25 and Perl module GD v2.12.