    system that doesn't have perl installed. I know there are also those
    who want to compile as a way of hiding source, but I don't care about that.

    -mark
    Mark Seger, Nov 30, 2006

  2. Mark Seger

    Ben Morrow Guest

    Quoth Mark Seger <>:
    > I suspect this has been discussed in the past before, and so I searched
    > around the web and virtually everything I found out there says perlcc is
    > buggy and not to use it, especially in production, so my question is are
    > there any reliable alternatives? Or is there some magic incantation to
    > get perlcc to build without segment faulting as that's what it's doing
    > to me?
    >
    > The problem I'm interesting is solving is getting something to run on a
    > system that doesn't have perl installed. I know there are also those
    > who want to compile as a way of hiding source, but I don't care about that.

    See PAR.pm. This packages up the perl binary and your program into a
    single executable.

    Ben

    --
    Like all men in Babylon I have been a proconsul; like all, a slave ... During
    one lunar year, I have been declared invisible; I shrieked and was not heard,
    Ben Morrow, Dec 1, 2006

  3. Mark Seger

    John Bokma Guest

    Mark Seger <> wrote:

    > The problem I'm interesting is solving is getting something to run on
    > a system that doesn't have perl installed. I know there are also
    > those who want to compile as a way of hiding source, but I don't care
    > about that.

    Check out PAR, which puts the perl interpreter, your script, modules etc.
    in one executable.

    John Bokma, Dec 1, 2006
  4. Mark Seger

    boyd Guest

    In article <456f24f5$>,
    Mark Seger <> wrote:

    > I suspect this has been discussed in the past before, and so I searched
    > around the web and virtually everything I found out there says perlcc is
    > buggy and not to use it, especially in production, so my question is are
    > there any reliable alternatives? Or is there some magic incantation to
    > get perlcc to build without segment faulting as that's what it's doing
    > to me?
    >
    > The problem I'm interesting is solving is getting something to run on a
    > system that doesn't have perl installed. I know there are also those
    > who want to compile as a way of hiding source, but I don't care about that.
    >
    > -mark

    The module PAR does this for you, so I understand. This article by
    simon cozens http://simon-cozens.org/programmer/articles/webgui.pod
    does more than you are requesting, but it points the way.

    Boyd
    boyd, Dec 1, 2006