compiling python source code under VC8

guptaabhishek1983

Hello everyone,
I am trying to build python from scratch under VC8. The build process
runs and completes succesfully in debug mode resulting in
python_d.exe. But when i try to run this exe it returns an assertion
error and application crashes.

Has anyone successfully build python using VC8. Your help will be
greatful.

Thank You All

Martin v. Löwis

I am trying to build python from scratch under VC8. The build process
runs and completes succesfully in debug mode resulting in
python_d.exe. But when i try to run this exe it returns an assertion
error and application crashes.

What Python version are you trying to compile? This sounds like Python
2.4 and earlier. Microsoft has broken compatibility with standard C in
VS 2005, in a way that breaks Python on startup. In Python 2.5, a
work-around was added.

Regards,
Martin