    greatful.

    Thank You All
    , Dec 4, 2007

  2. > I am trying to build python from scratch under VC8. The build process
    > runs and completes succesfully in debug mode resulting in
    > python_d.exe. But when i try to run this exe it returns an assertion
    > error and application crashes.

    What Python version are you trying to compile? This sounds like Python
    2.4 and earlier. Microsoft has broken compatibility with standard C in
    VS 2005, in a way that breaks Python on startup. In Python 2.5, a
    work-around was added.

    Regards,
    Martin
    Martin v. Löwis, Dec 4, 2007