compiling Python under Windows

Discussion in 'Python' started by Philippe C. Martin, Nov 21, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I'm currently blocking on bzip2:

    python is in c:\python.2.4.2
    and bz2 is in c:\bzip2-1.0.3

    Since the readme say subprojects should be two directories above PCbuild, I
    assume I'm OK.

    I added c:\bzip2-1.0.3 to the include and link path, but I get:
    """
    Performing Pre-Link Event ...
    The system cannot find the path specified
    NMAKE: fatal error U1052: file 'makefile.msc' not found

    c:\bzip2-1.0.3 does hold a makefile.msc.

    Any clue ?

    Thanks,

    Philippe

    Philippe C. Martin, Nov 21, 2005

  2. My mistake: The makefile (as written in the readme!) looks for bzip 1.0.2

    Sorry,

    Philippe

    Philippe C. Martin, Nov 21, 2005

  3. Philippe C. Martin wrote:

    > My mistake: The makefile (as written in the readme!) looks for bzip 1.0.2

    PS: since bzip.org does not have 1.0.2 source anymore, can I just rename
    1.0.3 ?

    Regards,

    Philippe

    Philippe C. Martin, Nov 21, 2005
  4. Philippe C. Martin wrote:
    >>My mistake: The makefile (as written in the readme!) looks for bzip 1.0.2
    >>

    > PS: since bzip.org does not have 1.0.2 source anymore, can I just rename
    > 1.0.3 ?

    That should work; alternatively, you can change the project file.

    Regards,
    Martin

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=, Nov 21, 2005
  5. Thanks,

    Regards,

    Philippe

    Philippe C. Martin, Nov 21, 2005