Compiling Python with static runtime library (VS2010)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jonatan Magnusson, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Hi

I'm trying to build Python 3.3.0 on Windows using Visual Studio 2010 Express.

I opened the solution (pcbuild.sln) and built the "python" project (including its dependencies of course) and that worked fine with just a few warnings.

But I need to build Python using the the static C runtime so I followed the instructions:

* Changed "Runtime Library" to non-DLL variant (/MT or /MTd) for each of the projects (make_buildinfo, make_versioninfo, kill_python, python core, w9xpopen and python)
    * Changed preprocessor macro Py_ENABLED_SHARED to Py_NO_ENABLE_SHARED in the pythoncore project
    * Changed configuration type from Dynamic Library to Static library for the pythoncore project

Then I recompiled and once again it built with just a few warnings, until the link stage where "__imp__Py_Main" was unresolved!

Is it no longer supported to build against the static runtime libraries or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,
    Jonatan Magnusson
    Jonatan Magnusson, Feb 11, 2013
    1. Advertising