Compiling Python with static runtime library (VS2010)

Jonatan Magnusson

Hi

I'm trying to build Python 3.3.0 on Windows using Visual Studio 2010 Express.

I opened the solution (pcbuild.sln) and built the "python" project (including its dependencies of course) and that worked fine with just a few warnings.

But I need to build Python using the the static C runtime so I followed the instructions:

* Changed "Runtime Library" to non-DLL variant (/MT or /MTd) for each of the projects (make_buildinfo, make_versioninfo, kill_python, python core, w9xpopen and python)
* Changed preprocessor macro Py_ENABLED_SHARED to Py_NO_ENABLE_SHARED in the pythoncore project
* Changed configuration type from Dynamic Library to Static library for the pythoncore project

Then I recompiled and once again it built with just a few warnings, until the link stage where "__imp__Py_Main" was unresolved!

Is it no longer supported to build against the static runtime libraries or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,
Jonatan Magnusson