Compiling python2.5.1 results in 3.5MB python lib?

simonbun

Hi all,

I'm compiling 2.5.1 and end up with a 3.5MB libpython2.5.so file. I
seem to remember it should be somewhere around the 1MB mark. What
could be causing this?

I'm using ./configure --enable-shared

This is a problem for me seeing as i'm using apache+mod_python to
serve web content. Each apache child process incorporates libpython
and ends up starting at 7MB, which is quite large. Especially
considering the framework + code I'm using adds another 10+MB.

Any help is appreciated. Let me know if i need to give some more
information.

Chris Mellon

Hi all,

I'm compiling 2.5.1 and end up with a 3.5MB libpython2.5.so file. I
seem to remember it should be somewhere around the 1MB mark. What
could be causing this?

I'm using ./configure --enable-shared

This is a problem for me seeing as i'm using apache+mod_python to
serve web content. Each apache child process incorporates libpython
and ends up starting at 7MB, which is quite large. Especially
considering the framework + code I'm using adds another 10+MB.

Any help is appreciated. Let me know if i need to give some more
information.

Shared libraries are *shared*. The size of them is irrelevant for the
purpose you list here.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=

I'm compiling 2.5.1 and end up with a 3.5MB libpython2.5.so file. I
seem to remember it should be somewhere around the 1MB mark. What
could be causing this?

Try stripping it.

Regards,
Martin