compiling question

Ryan

I have a class in my current working directory. I am using that class in my
another class as such

public void myFunc(myClass doThis) {

}

When I compile, the jdk can't find it? I thought I didn't need to set the
classpath for classes in my current working directory?

Hal Rosser

Did you import your "myClass" ??

Ryan said:
I have a class in my current working directory. I am using that class in my
another class as such

public void myFunc(myClass doThis) {

}

When I compile, the jdk can't find it? I thought I didn't need to set the
classpath for classes in my current working directory?

andreas kinell

I have a class in my current working directory. I am using that class in my
another class as such

public void myFunc(myClass doThis) {

}

When I compile, the jdk can't find it? I thought I didn't need to set the
classpath for classes in my current working directory?

<quote>

Should your CLASSPATH include "." (the current directory)?

-If you are running applets, this may not be a good idea, since the current
directory may coincide with the applet's CODEBASE.

-If you always want to be able to run applications residing in your current
working directory and you are setting the CLASSPATH variable at all, it must
include ".".

</quote>

from:
http://www.fnal.gov/docs/products/java/v1_1_6/environment.html