Compiling Ruby Source on Win32

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Peter Piper, Mar 27, 2006.

  1. Peter Piper

    Peter Piper Guest

    I want to compile the ruby source so I can have a play with the source
    and try creating some extensions :)

    So far I have Eclipse IDE with CDT (C Development Tools) and SVN
    installed, as well as Mingw32 which contains gcc, g++ and mingw32-make.

    1. Is this a reasonable setup for windows?

    2. What should the makefile look like, I tried running the makefile.in
    but I get:

    mingw32-make -f makefile.in clean all
    makefile.in:12: *** missing separator. Stop.

    Looking at the readme I should use ./configure to generate a makefile,
    but of course it does not run on win32, I tried running it on Cygwin but
    it didnt make anything.

    Many thanks, Pete.

    Peter Piper, Mar 27, 2006