Compiling the h2xs way.

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by kspecial@linuxmail.org, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. Guest

    My name is Noah. What i'm trying to figure out is how I can
    compile this module: Win32::Scheduler. Most modules can simply be
    inserted, be compiled (if you will) with a Makefile, or if there is
    not one made, h2xs.

    Now. H2xs is probably what i'm going to need *not quite sure.
    Check out how the file directory looks:

    ~\scheduler\blib\lib\Win32:
    --> Scheduler.PM
    --> Scheduler(Directory)
    \Scheduler:
    -->CopyJobs.pl
    -->TEST.PL
    -->Win32-Scheduler.ppd
    -->TIE_Scheduler.xpp
    -->TIE_Task.xpp
    -->CONSTANT.CPP
    -->Scheduler.cpp
    -->TIE_Task.cpp
    -->TIEFunctions.cpp
    -->CONSTANT.H
    -->Scheduler.hpp
    -->SchedulerBuild.h
    -->VERSION.H
    -->Scheduler.dsp
    -->Scheduler.dsw
    -->Scheduler.def
    -->win32perl.h
    -->CUString.lib
    -->CUString.hpp
    <EOF>-----------------------------------<EOF>

    Quite UGLY I might add, but as you can see i have tried to
    spiff it up for whomever may be reading.

    So. ANY clues or small hint's (weeny) would be helpfull.
    Thank you.

    --K-sPecial
    , Jul 7, 2003

  2. <> wrote in message
    > My name is Noah. What i'm trying to figure out is how I can
    > compile this module: Win32::Scheduler. Most modules can simply be
    > inserted, be compiled (if you will) with a Makefile, or if there is
    > not one made, h2xs.
    >
    > Now. H2xs is probably what i'm going to need *not quite sure.
    > Check out how the file directory looks:
    >
    > ~\scheduler\blib\lib\Win32:

    [snip]

    My hunch is that you are referring to this CPAN module.
    http://search.cpan.org/src/DAVEROTH/Win32-Scheduler_v20000702/lib/Win32/Sche
    duler/

    The author does not appear to have provided a README, so we can only guess
    at how it should be installed. Perhaps you should correspond directly with
    him:
    James E Keenan, Jul 8, 2003

    "James E Keenan" <> wrote in message news:<becvro$>...
    > <> wrote in message
    > > My name is Noah. What i'm trying to figure out is how I can
    > > compile this module: Win32::Scheduler. Most modules can simply be
    > > inserted, be compiled (if you will) with a Makefile, or if there is
    > > not one made, h2xs.
    > >
    > > Now. H2xs is probably what i'm going to need *not quite sure.
    > > Check out how the file directory looks:
    > >
    > > ~\scheduler\blib\lib\Win32:

    > [snip]
    >
    > My hunch is that you are referring to this CPAN module.
    > http://search.cpan.org/src/DAVEROTH/Win32-Scheduler_v20000702/lib/Win32/Sche
    > duler/
    >
    > The author does not appear to have provided a README, so we can only guess
    > at how it should be installed. Perhaps you should correspond directly with
    > him:

    Thank you,
    Auther has been contacted, no response yet. I will keep looking.
    Remember if anyone else has ever compiled this module before let me know.

    --K-sPecial
    , Jul 9, 2003