Compiling vim7 with ruby interpreter

Mark Woodward

Hi all,
I've asked this on the vim list as well, so sorry for the cross posting

I'm trying to compile snapshot 195 of vim 7 on kubuntu (debian)

using ./configure --enable-rubyinterpreter --enable-perlinterpreter
failed for both.

One of the guys on the vim list suggested:
'apt-get install libperl-dev'
which fixed the perl issue.

Is there a similar library/package I need for ruby.
Ruby's functional (ie I can :!Ruby % from inside vim) but I'm trying to
configure the ruby interpreter at compile time

any suggestions appreciated

thanks,

David Vallner

D=C5=88a Piatok 10 Febru=C3=A1r 2006 14:18 Mark Woodward nap=C3=ADsal:
Hi all,
I've asked this on the vim list as well, so sorry for the cross posting

I'm trying to compile snapshot 195 of vim 7 on kubuntu (debian)

using ./configure --enable-rubyinterpreter --enable-perlinterpreter
failed for both.

One of the guys on the vim list suggested:
'apt-get install libperl-dev'
which fixed the perl issue.

Is there a similar library/package I need for ruby.
Ruby's functional (ie I can :!Ruby % from inside vim) but I'm trying to
configure the ruby interpreter at compile time

any suggestions appreciated

thanks,

libruby-dev or libruby1.8-dev? I wonder if someone asked / told the Ubuntu=
=20
packagers to provide a metapackage that corresponds to the standard Ruby=20
distribution, I hate having to hunt and peck across aptitude (Yea, verily t=
he=20
god and king of APT frontends) to get all the bits and pieces.

David Vallner