Compiling With VBC

RN1

Most of the questions I have been asking in this newsgroup have
remained unanswered (is grasping .NET too tough a task - I guess so
since even basic questions that I have asked in this newsgroup haven't
been answered); so I sincerely hope someone could help me overcome
this problem

I am trying to compile a VB file using the vbc tool but it generates a
plethora of errors one of them being:

-----------------------------
Unable to load referenced library 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework
\v2.0.5.0727\System.dll': No such interface supported.
-----------------------------

What am I missing? This is what I am using at the prompt where the VB
file MyDLL.vb resides in a command prompt window:

vbc /t:library /out:bin\MyDLL.dll /r:System.dll /r:System.Data.dll
MyDLL.vb

Please note that I have added

C:\Program Files\Microsoft.Net\FrameworkSDK\Bin\

&

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\

to the "Path" variable under "System Variables" by opening up the
"System" applet from "Control Panel" & then navigating to the
"Advanced" tab & clicking the "Environment Variables" button.

Thanks,

Ron

[...]

C'mon yaar...someone out there must definitely be knowing
this,,,,,,it's been close to 48 hours since I asked this
question.....is this so hard a question to answer especially for the
so-called .NET MVPs, experts, gurus?

Lloyd Sheen

[...]

I think most people here use an IDE so this is not something that is
normally dealt with. Plus insulting those who you ask for help is just
plain dumb.

RN1

C'mon yaar...someone out there must definitely be knowing
this,,,,,,it's been close to 48 hours since I asked this
question.....is this so hard a question to answer especially for the
so-called .NET MVPs, experts, gurus?

I think most people here use an IDE so this is not something that is
normally dealt with.  Plus insulting those who you ask for help is just
plain dumb.- Hide quoted text -

No...no....I really don't mean to insult or offend someone from the
bottom of my heart. I sincerely apologize for the same if anyone feels
so. Actually I have been using the various newsgroups (like ASP, SQL,
VB etc.) since last 6-7 years or so & on 99.5% occasions have got my
queries & doubts resolved but this newsgroup seems to be an exception.
Most of the questions that I have put forward in this newsgroup have
gone unanswered. Since most developers have migrated from ASP to
ASP.NET, I didn't expect such a subdued response from this newsgroup.

I guess I went a bit overboard to vent my frustration & disappointment

Once again, sorry for the folly.....

Ron