Compiling xerces code with icc compiler

Discussion in 'XML' started by Vijay Jain, Sep 27, 2006.

  1. Vijay Jain

    Vijay Jain Guest

    Hi All,

    We have a requirement to use icc compiler instead of existing gnu
    compiler. Though the icc compiler states that libraries compiled with
    gnu are compatible to use with icc. But we would prefer to re-compile
    the xerces code with icc compiler.

    So I would like to know if someone has experience of compiling the
    xerces c code with icc compiler? Are there any known issues that
    needs to be taken care of during compilation with icc? Do the make file
    provided with the code has flags to changes the compiler to icc.

    Pointer to any documents such as readme or instructions to followed for
    compiling the xerces c code with icc compiler would help.

    Please share your knowledge at the earliest.

    Thanks,
    Vijay

    Vijay Jain, Sep 27, 2006

  2. Ask on the Apache mailing list dealing specifically with Xerces-C;
    that's where you'll find the most experience/expertise with compiling
    and porting that particular tool.

    Joseph Kesselman, Sep 27, 2006