compiling zvnc from gcc to bcc32

Discussion in 'C++' started by joe, Dec 27, 2003.

  1. joe

    joe Guest

    i am trying to compile a port with zebedee of vnc with bcc32
    So far i am still trying to get the viewer running.
    I am using the bcc32 compiler. and I get a couple of errors with the
    zebedeelib.c. some gcc to bcc errors. I belive the main problem now is
    the
    extern void message(unsigned short, int, char *, ...);
    i get a few in compatible pointer errors when compiling the zebedeelib

    MAKE Version 5.2 Copyright (c) 1987, 2000 Borland
    zebedeelib.c:
    Warning W8075 zebedeelib.c 853: Suspicious pointer conversion in function
    readMessage
    Warning W8066 zebedeelib.c 884: Unreachable code in function readMessage
    Warning W8075 zebedeelib.c 966: Suspicious pointer conversion in function
    writeMessage
    Warning W8065 zebedeelib.c 1764: Call to function 'InitializeZeBeDeeLib'
    with
    no prototype in function InitializeClientParameters
    Warning W8065 zebedeelib.c 2393: Call to function 'InitializeZeBeDeeLib'
    with
    no prototype in function InitializeServerParameters
    Warning W8065 zebedeelib.c 2954: Call to function 'InitializeZeBeDeeLib'
    with
    no prototype in function DefaultEncryptionParameters
    TLIB 4.5 Copyright (c) 1987, 1999 Inprise Corporation

    but this are all warnings so it might still work. the error happens
    when i compile vncviewer

    MAKE Version 5.2 Copyright (c) 1987, 2000 Borland
    nt.cpp:
    Turbo Incremental Link 5.00 Copyright (c) 1997, 2000 Borland
    Error: Unresolved external '_message' referenced from
    C:\VNC_WINSRC\VNCVIEWER\ZEELIB\ZEELIB.LIB|zebedeelib
    can anyone tell me what this error are from?

    joe, Dec 27, 2003

  2. joe

    Jeff Schwab Guest

    joe wrote:
    > i am trying to compile a port with zebedee of vnc with bcc32
    > So far i am still trying to get the viewer running.
    > I am using the bcc32 compiler. and I get a couple of errors with the
    > zebedeelib.c. some gcc to bcc errors. I belive the main problem now is
    > the
    > extern void message(unsigned short, int, char *, ...);
    > i get a few in compatible pointer errors when compiling the zebedeelib
    >

    > MAKE Version 5.2 Copyright (c) 1987, 2000 Borland
    > zebedeelib.c:
    > Warning W8075 zebedeelib.c 853: Suspicious pointer conversion in function
    > readMessage
    > Warning W8066 zebedeelib.c 884: Unreachable code in function readMessage
    > Warning W8075 zebedeelib.c 966: Suspicious pointer conversion in function
    > writeMessage
    > Warning W8065 zebedeelib.c 1764: Call to function 'InitializeZeBeDeeLib'
    > with
    > no prototype in function InitializeClientParameters
    > Warning W8065 zebedeelib.c 2393: Call to function 'InitializeZeBeDeeLib'
    > with
    > no prototype in function InitializeServerParameters
    > Warning W8065 zebedeelib.c 2954: Call to function 'InitializeZeBeDeeLib'
    > with
    > no prototype in function DefaultEncryptionParameters
    > TLIB 4.5 Copyright (c) 1987, 1999 Inprise Corporation
    >
    > but this are all warnings so it might still work. the error happens
    > when i compile vncviewer
    >
    > MAKE Version 5.2 Copyright (c) 1987, 2000 Borland
    > nt.cpp:
    > Turbo Incremental Link 5.00 Copyright (c) 1997, 2000 Borland
    > Error: Unresolved external '_message' referenced from
    > C:\VNC_WINSRC\VNCVIEWER\ZEELIB\ZEELIB.LIB|zebedeelib
    > can anyone tell me what this error are from?

    FYI, you posted to comp.lang.c++. This is a newsgroup where the C++
    language is discussed; you are unlikely to get much help with a
    particular compiler or non-standard library, like Zebedee.

    Try contacting Zebedee about your error message. Alternatively, you
    might try tracking down the problem in the code yourself, so you have a
    better understanding of what has gone wrong. If you have trouble
    understanding the code, you might ask for some guidance in comp.lang.c.

    Good luck,
    Jeff

    Jeff Schwab, Dec 27, 2003