    annoying, so I was wondering if there was any way to stop the status
    bar from displaying this message. If I can't hide it, it would be nice
    if I could get the status bar to say "Done". Thanks.

    Boo, Mar 4, 2005

  2. Boo

    Ivan Marsh Guest

    On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 08:36:20 -0800, Boo wrote:

    > I know it's possible to manipulate the status bar when a user scrolls
    > over links, but is there a way to completely disable or hide it?

    Not in my browser because I've locked you out of that capability.

    > I have a flash program that connects to a database every 5 seconds, so
    > the status bar always says "transfering data from..." It gets quite
    > annoying, so I was wondering if there was any way to stop the status
    > bar from displaying this message. If I can't hide it, it would be nice
    > if I could get the status bar to say "Done". Thanks.

    Why would you want the status bar to say "Done" if it's not done?

    --
    Life is short, but wide. -KV

    Ivan Marsh, Mar 4, 2005

  3. Boo

    Boo Guest

    I want it to say "Done" because the actual HTML page has finished
    database in real time. I don't need someone to preach to me about why
    or why not I shouldn't do something.

    Boo, Mar 4, 2005
  4. Boo

    Ivan Marsh Guest

    On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 10:01:10 -0800, Boo wrote:

    > I want it to say "Done" because the actual HTML page has finished
    > database in real time. I don't need someone to preach to me about why
    > or why not I shouldn't do something.

    I wasn't preaching, I was asking a question. ...and please, include
    relevant portions of what you're replying to in your posts.

    None the less, attempting to control the status bar will have limited
    results. Most browsers have the ability to lock scripts out of it.

    --
    Life is short, but wide. -KV

    Ivan Marsh, Mar 4, 2005
  5. Boo

    Randy Webb Guest

    Boo wrote:
    > I know it's possible to manipulate the status bar when a user scrolls
    > over links, but is there a way to completely disable or hide it?

    No it's not and No. You have no control over my status bar.

    > I have a flash program that connects to a database every 5 seconds, so
    > the status bar always says "transfering data from..." It gets quite
    > annoying, so I was wondering if there was any way to stop the status
    > bar from displaying this message.

    Use an HTTPResponse object instead then.

    > If I can't hide it, it would be nice if I could get the status bar to
    > say "Done". Thanks.

    Since you can't hide it, manipulate it or control it, there isn't a way
    to do what you are asking in a cross browser manner. If you are willing
    to accept an IE-only (maybe not) solution, try setting window.status
    peridocially.

    --
    Randy

    Randy Webb, Mar 4, 2005
  6. Boo

    Boo Guest

    I don't really care that I don't have control over *YOUR* browser and
    the small percentage of the internet that consists of paranoid
    Javascript geeks. I care about default settings in default
    configurations. Nevermind, I already figured out a solution, but
    thanks for the help Pastor Marsha and Pastor Dan, religious icons of
    Javascript ethics.

    Boo, Mar 5, 2005