Completely OT - but a little related

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Adrienne Boswell, Apr 9, 2010.

  1. I just have to share my hate for this:

    When I call some people with cell phones, I get a voice that says "Please
    enjoy the music while your party is reached", and then, I get some kind
    of LOUD, HORRIBLE music. I have to hold the phone away from my ear, and
    I'm in an office, and my boss is looking at me strangely because she can
    hear the music, too.

    Why on earth would you choose this feature on your phone? Why would you
    think that I want to listen to YOUR favorite kind of music - it's
    probably something I can't stand. What's wrong with the regular ringing
    noise we are all so familiar with? It's bad enough that I have to listen
    to dreadful muzak on hold, and now I am forced to listen to something
    worse while I am waiting for someone to answer the damned phone!

    This is much worse than music that automatically plays on a web site. I
    can turn off the speaker, or I can go to another web site. I don't have
    that choice with a phone call.

    Who ever decided that this was a good feature to offer cell phone users
    obviously never bothered to lurk in alt.html.

    Ok, I'm done.... back to work - on your heads!

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at work
    nextBlock.com
    Adrienne Boswell, Apr 9, 2010

  2. Adrienne Boswell

    Roy A. Guest

    On 9 apr, 21:56, Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:
    > I just have to share my hate for this:
    >
    > When I call some people with cell phones, I get a voice that says "Please
    > enjoy the music while your party is reached", and then, I get some kind
    > of LOUD, HORRIBLE music.  I have to hold the phone away from my ear, and
    > I'm in an office, and my boss is looking at me strangely because she can
    > hear the music, too.
    >
    > Why on earth would you choose this feature on your phone?  Why would you
    > think that I want to listen to YOUR favorite kind of music

    My favorite is "Killing Me Softly with His Song".
    Roy A., Apr 10, 2010