complex email validation script

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Manish, Aug 10, 2006.

  1. Manish

    Manish Guest

    I want to validate the following emails in the javascript, all emails
    are valid samples

    1. "," comma exists in name
    2. Emails can be seperated by comma ",", semicolon ";"
    3. Name and email both can be present
    4. Only name not allowed
    5. Only email can be present
    6. Single email may also be surrounded by "<" and ">"

    "PHP, Programming" <>, "Java Programming"
    <>; <>,

    Please suggest if such script is already available from some site.
    Please refer a site for it.

    function ValidateEmail(emailtextfield) {

    return true/false

    }

    Thanks.

    Manish
    Manish, Aug 10, 2006

  2. Manish

    Evertjan. Guest

    Manish wrote on 10 aug 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > I want to validate the following emails in the javascript,

    emails? You mean emailaddresses, I suppose.

    > all emails are valid samples

    Uh?

    > 1. "," comma exists in name
    > 2. Emails can be seperated by comma ",", semicolon ";"
    > 3. Name and email both can be present
    > 4. Only name not allowed
    > 5. Only email can be present
    > 6. Single email may also be surrounded by "<" and ">"

    Quite a list! I doubt others would have had exactly the same
    requirements.

    > "PHP, Programming" <>, "Java Programming"
    > <>; <>,

    What do you mean by these?

    > Please suggest if such script is already available from some site.
    > Please refer a site for it.
    >
    > function ValidateEmail(emailtextfield) {

    > return true/false
    >
    >}

    What have you programmed so far and where did you go wrong?

    Or do you want others to programme for you?

    If the latter please consider a payed programmer.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Aug 10, 2006