Complex passwords

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by BigSam, Sep 11, 2007.

  1. BigSam

    BigSam Guest

    I'm trying to create a web page that allows remote users to change their
    domain passwords. I'm using the ChangePassword control on the web page. The
    domain security policy has Password must meet complexity requirements enabled.

    Does anyone know how to write a regular expression that meets the W2k3
    password complexity requirements? The one I'm using isn't quite right:
    "(?=^.{7,}$)(?=.*\d)(?=.*[a-z])(?=.*[A-Z])(?=.*[!@#$%^&*()_+}{":;'?/>.<,])(?!.*\s).*$"

    Can I allow the following properties to default to their default vales?
    minRequiredPasswordLength
    minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters
    passwordStrengthRegularExpression
    I've tried putting the above regular expression in this last field, but
    still cannot get past the failed state when trying to change a password.

    Can I modify the Security policy to require Upper, Lower, Numeric & special
    characters? I believe that matches the regular expression above.

    Thanks in advance.

    BigSam, Sep 11, 2007