    order to reduce time/space usage/

    Many Thanks in advance

    Nathan

    Nathan Harmston, Aug 13, 2007

  2. Nathan Harmston

    Dustan Guest

    On Aug 12, 7:04 pm, "Nathan Harmston" <>
    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone knew of any resources, where I might be able
    > to find information about the complexity of certain python functions
    > or little tips on how to reduce complexity. I mean like the "".join(),
    > kind of thing?
    >
    > I want to see if there are any improvements I can add to my coding in
    > order to reduce time/space usage/

    It's really difficult to understand what you mean. If you're looking
    for a reference on the functions that are available in the library,
    you have a long journey ahead of you at http://docs.python.org/ .

    Dustan, Aug 13, 2007

  3. Nathan Harmston

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone knew of any resources, where I might be able
    > to find information about the complexity of certain python functions
    > or little tips on how to reduce complexity. I mean like the "".join(),
    > kind of thing?
    >
    > I want to see if there are any improvements I can add to my coding in
    > order to reduce time/space usage/
    >
    > Many Thanks in advance
    >
    > Nathan

    Read a book? Lutz's "Programming Python 3rd Ed." will teach you a lot
    of tricks. I would also recommend the Python Cookbook book or the
    online version here: http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Python/Cookbook/

    Mike

    , Aug 13, 2007
  4. Nathan Harmston

    Paddy Guest

    On Aug 13, 1:04 am, "Nathan Harmston" <>
    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone knew of any resources, where I might be able
    > to find information about the complexity of certain python functions
    > or little tips on how to reduce complexity. I mean like the "".join(),
    > kind of thing?
    >
    > I want to see if there are any improvements I can add to my coding in
    > order to reduce time/space usage/
    >
    > Many Thanks in advance
    >
    > Nathan

    There is this collection:
    http://python.net/~goodger/projects/pycon/2007/idiomatic/handout.html
    Although I don't think algorithm complexity is given, it is telling
    you how to select the most efficient way of doing things in a number
    of examples.

    - Paddy.

    Paddy, Aug 13, 2007
  5. Nathan Harmston

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone knew of any resources, where I might be able
    > to find information about the complexity of certain python functions
    > or little tips on how to reduce complexity. I mean like the "".join(),
    > kind of thing?
    >
    > I want to see if there are any improvements I can add to my coding in
    > order to reduce time/space usage/
    >
    > Many Thanks in advance
    >
    > Nathan

    I found the two Python Speed articles useful for demonstrating new
    ways to optimise code. Each is full of little tricks and tips on
    efficent ways of doing things.

    http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonSpeed
    http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonSpeed/PerformanceTips

    Dan