complexType/simpleType not enforced

Discussion in 'XML' started by JamesG, Apr 20, 2007.

  1. JamesG

    JamesG Guest

    Hi all,
    I'm developing a web service, and as part of the WSDL I have the
    following constraints:

    <xsd:simpleType name="consTokenType">
    <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
    <xsd:pattern value="[a-z0-9]{32}"/>
    </xsd:restriction>
    </xsd:simpleType>

    <xsd:simpleType name="statusType">
    <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
    <xsd:enumeration value="enroute"/>
    <xsd:enumeration value="delayed"/>
    <xsd:enumeration value="instorage"/>
    <xsd:enumeration value="pendingcustoms"/>
    <xsd:enumeration value="missing"/>
    </xsd:restriction>
    </xsd:simpleType>

    However, these restrictions are not being enforced. It is also the
    case with other complexTypes in the document.
    Anyone have an idea why this is the case?

    Thanks

    JamesG, Apr 20, 2007

  2. > However, these restrictions are not being enforced.

    Are you sure schema validation is turned on in your parser's options?
    (Many still default to nonvalidating mode.)

    Joe Kesselman, Apr 20, 2007

  3. JamesG

    JamesG Guest

    On Apr 20, 5:38 pm, Joe Kesselman <> wrote:
    > > However, these restrictions are not being enforced.

    > Are you sure schema validation is turned on in your parser's options?
    > (Many still default to nonvalidating mode.)

    My parser is PHP5 using the SOAP extension. I thought this might be
    the case... I assume PHP does not validate using the schema (ignores
    it)?
    Perhaps I should post this in the PHP group.

    Thanks

    JamesG, Apr 21, 2007