complier for openrisc with c

Tony

Hi,

Now I am doing some programming on Openrisc processor on FPGA. with
Xilinx tools set we can upload the makefile to it and run.

the problem is how can I complie the c file to makefile which I can
upload it to fpga and processor.

example, if we get hello.c. how to compile it to makefile.c?

Many Thanks,

it is great if you can also send me a email to notice me.:)
(e-mail address removed)

Mark A. Odell

(e-mail address removed) (Tony) wrote in

Now I am doing some programming on Openrisc processor on FPGA. with
Xilinx tools set we can upload the makefile to it and run.

the problem is how can I complie the c file to makefile which I can
upload it to fpga and processor.

example, if we get hello.c. how to compile it to makefile.c?

So do you have a question about the C language (topical here) or compiling
(not topical here)?
it is great if you can also send me a email to notice me.:)
(e-mail address removed)

Never. Post here, read here.

Thomas Matthews

Tony said:
Hi,

Now I am doing some programming on Openrisc processor on FPGA. with
Xilinx tools set we can upload the makefile to it and run.

the problem is how can I complie the c file to makefile which I can
upload it to fpga and processor.

example, if we get hello.c. how to compile it to makefile.c?

Many Thanks,

it is great if you can also send me a email to notice me.:)
(e-mail address removed)

This is off-topic for this newsgroup since your issue is
not about the C language, but how to use tools (applications).
I suggest you ask in a newsgroup about your operating system
or compiler.

I'm confused about your terminology. A makefile is a set
of rules which is processed by a Make program. Most
make file rules define how to build an executable (binary)
image from source code. I don't understand how an FPGA
device can accept a makefile. (Maybe post to

A common process is to invoke the Make utility with a makefile.
The rules indicate which source files should be compiled
based upon dependencies. If a header file is changed, all
sources using that header will be compiled; and generate
object files. Another rule says that if object files
change, an executable must be built by the Linker.

Some compiler packages provide tools or compiler options
which will generate a makefile. Check your compiler
documentation.

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message: