compling vb.net web appliction

Guest

I am trying to create the Knowledge Base Articl 326340 project. One of the
last steps is to "Save all files, and then compile the project". How exactly
do I compile the project? Do I do it from within VB Studio some where. Do I
need to compile from the command line?
Thanx in advance

Patrice

Just "run" the project. It will save the file, compile the project and will
browse to the start page of your web project...

Patrice

Guest

I clicked on solution and then build. Got two files for the in the bin dir on
the server for the project webFormsAuth.dll and webFormsAuth.pdb.
However,when i access the project I get an error
"Type 'ldapAuthentication' is not defined" I think that this is telling me
that the ladapauthentication has not been compiled for the project. Do I need
to compile this file seperately?

Patrice

Is this at compile time or runtime ?

If at runtime I would try to use "FormsAuth.LdapAuthentication" as a
parameter for the GenericIdentity call...

Similary if at compile time, use the full name including the "FormsAuth"
part. You could, use object explorer or use intellisense to make sure what
is the type full name...

Good luck

Patrice

Guest

Patrice,

Thank you for your help. The problem turns out to be that I should just step
away from the computer. I missed typed the project name in the namespace
parameter of the import statement on the login.aspx page. If not for your
suggestion to preface with formsAuth I would still be pulling may hair out.
Now I have a whole new set of bugs to work out.

Thanx