Component class based DAL

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by John, Jan 18, 2004.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Hi

    I am into implementing my DALs using component based classes due to the drag
    drop capability. However, can I do the following with component based DALs;

    1. Share a common dataconnection between datadapters in different component
    DALs? I have separate DALs for suppliers & clients but I want to share the
    same db connection? Or, should I make a single DAL for both clients &
    suppliers?

    2. Filter a dataadpter result on any given value? For example can I filter
    client's by current or prospects? Users would like to switch between the two
    from time to time.

    3. Sort a dataadapter result in any given order say by company id or company
    name?

    Thanks

    Regards
    John, Jan 18, 2004