    Many thanks,
    Tom Gajewski

    , Sep 26, 2005

  2. Matt Kruse Guest

    wrote:
    > We're going to buy some Javascripts components (grids, trees & menus )
    > which we'd like to be possibly:
    > a) easy to modify & maintain (manually), and ..
    > b) supporting both Mozilla/IE

    Why buy? There are lots of good scripts out there for these things which are
    free.
    I have some stuff here:
    http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com/
    such as a tree and maybe some other stuff that would help you.

    There are a million different menu scripts, so I can't even recommend the
    best one there.
    "Grids" is kind of vague, but there aren't a lot of JS-based solutions out
    there. Depending on what you want to do, a 'grid' may not be javascript at
    all.

    --
    Matt Kruse
    http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com

    Matt Kruse, Sep 26, 2005

    Indeed, there are milliards of tiny Javascripts code examples for free,
    but .. always .. someone has to firstly find all relevant ones
    (scrolling, image loading, positioning, etc. ... ), put them together,
    check support for browsers (versions etc.), etc. .. seems a huge effort
    ! At least ... it was 2 years ago when I was doing some Javascripts
    coding. However, now I can see for instance "codethat.com" (they have
    grids as well) and wonder if .. my practises are not behind, if ...
    it's not better simply to buy something off the shelf and slightly
    modify where needed ?
    (by the way, tomcat will be used as webserver)

    Many thanks for response,
    Tom

    , Sep 27, 2005