componet or code to anaylze IIS weblog

JD

Does anyone know of any component out in the market that will allow you
analyze IIS weblogs, I have been asked to develop a tool for a client that
will do this for them, and the one that came to mind was webtrends. However,
they don't want to buy this software....I don't know of any component that
will do this, but if anyone can help I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Juan T. Llibre

Hi, JD.

Take a look at (Lite version free) Alterwind Log Analyzer:

http://www.alterwind.com/

The Lite version is totally free, and if you need more reports,
there's 2 versions you can pay for/upgrade to ( $69-$99 ).

Download the free version, or eval versions of the $$$ versions at :
http://www.alterwind.com/download.html

It's very straightforward to use, and it works without having to install
a scripting language. (It doesn't need Perl...like most log analyzers do)

Just start the program, go to "File", "Add log file"; locate your
Logfiles directory, and add as many logfiles as you want to process.

( You can add all of them, if you wish. )

Then, when the logfiles have been processed,
go to the "Report" menu item, and select "Generate Report".

It doesn't get any easier than that.

If you want more that what the free version gives you,
download the Eval versions of the "Standard" or "Professional" versions.

Disclaimer : I am not connected in any way shape or form
to the people who wrote or sell theAlterwind Log Analyzer.

I just like it...and use the free version for test purposes.

For commercial use, I'd purchase one of the "for pay" versions.

Frankie

Hi Juan,

I just started looking into Alterwind and have not yet installed it for demo
purposes. Question: The reports it produces - are they available as Web
pages, how about as user controls? If as pages - what does it do - does it
generate HTML files. Basically I'm wondering if I can use it (any version)
to provide statistics to my site's visitors, without me having to hand-code
paths to new HTML files containing reports every month.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

-F

Juan T. Llibre said:
[...]

It produces HTML reports, but you'll have to
publish them yourself, at least in the Lite vesion.

There's no automatic publish-to-web feature, AFAIK.

You might want to contact them about that.