Composite control problem

Mark Goldin

I have created a Web composite control that consists of a label and
Infragistics WebMaskEdit text box.
When I drop that control on my form I have "Error Creating Control ..."
thing.
When I move a mouse over the control I see the following:
"Could not load type CompositeControls.TextBoxLabel from assemply
CompositeControls ..."
Can somebody help, please?

Here is source code:
using System;

using System.Web;

using System.Web.UI;

using System.Web.UI.WebControls;

using System.ComponentModel;

using Infragistics.WebUI.WebDataInput;

namespace CompositeControls

{

// <summary>

// Summary description for TexBoxLabel

// </summary>

[DefaultProperty("Text"),

ToolboxData("<{0}:TexBoxLabel runat=server></{0}:TexBoxLabel>")]

public class TextBoxLabel : System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl,
INamingContainer

{

private Label label;

private WebMaskEdit textBox;

[Bindable(true), Category("Appearance"), DefaultValue("Label")]

public string LabelText

{

get

{

EnsureChildControls();

return label.Text;

}

set

{

EnsureChildControls();

label.Text = value;

[Bindable(true), Category("Appearance"), DefaultValue(" ")]

public string Text

{

get

{

EnsureChildControls();

return textBox.Text;

}

set

{

EnsureChildControls();

textBox.Text = value;

label = new Label();

label.Height = 20;

label.Width = 60;

label.Font.Size = 8;

this.Controls.Add(label);

textBox = new WebMaskEdit();

this.Controls.Add(textBox);

Teemu Keiski

With quick glance, not sure why it fails in this case, but removing the
ToolBoxData attribute completely seems to help. Removing it worked in my
test.

Mark Goldin

Is it OK to use the contol without that attribute?

--
Teemu Keiski
http://blogs.aspadvice.com/joteke

Mark Goldin said:
[...]

Yes,

it has only effect on what is the default declarative syntax that will be
generated when control is dragged on design surface.