    other controls can be dropped in the VS.NET IDE?

    Regards,

    Rick
    Rick Gunderson, Dec 17, 2003

  2. Rick Gunderson

    Kelly Leahy Guest

    >Has anyone ever successfully built a composite control
    that consists
    >of some fixed HTML (like some banner text) and a Panel

    control where
    >other controls can be dropped in the VS.NET IDE?

    I have not, in fact, but I'm working on one right now.
    What I've found out is that you probably want
    ParseChildrenAttribute(false) and in
    your "CreateChildControls" you need to make your child
    controls, remove the current child controls and add them
    where they belong in your heirarchy, and also implement a
    ReadWriteControlDesigner for your control. This will
    allow your application to accept controls from the IDE.

    I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but I can recommend a
    few examples that have helped me along my road to
    enlightenment...

    a custom panel control:
    http://www.sadeveloper.net/viewarticle.aspx?articleID=106

    the quickstarts that come in .NET describe the use of
    ParseChildrenAttribute(false) under "Authoring Custom
    Controls" (retrieving inner content) in the ASP.net
    section.

    Best of luck.
    Kelly Leahy, Dec 18, 2003