Composite Control with FormView property tag prefix attribute?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Martin, Jul 9, 2006.

  1. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Hi,

    I've developed a Composite control designed to take one FormView and one
    SqlDataSource as properties.
    I can add my composite control to the designer, then add the SqlDataSource
    and then the FormView controls, and things look right in the Source View.

    When I run the control, I find the properties have not been assigned, so I
    remove the asp tag prefix from the controls (in source view), and then it
    works at runtime (but not at design time any more).

    I presume there must be some other attribute I am missing that tells the
    serializer to serialize asp:FormView as the FormView property of my
    composite control, but I can't find it. I sort of would have expected
    things to work without an extra attribute. I presume asp prefix maps to
    System.Web.UI .WebControls, and my property is of type
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormView. But then I guess the tag prefix of my
    composite control interferes with namespace scope.

    Does anyone know what attribute I am missing?

    Thanks in advance
    Martin
    Martin, Jul 9, 2006