Composite controls! It does work but How ???

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by ton, Feb 10, 2004.

  1. ton

    ton Guest

    Hi,
    I'm using several composite controls. Allthough my controls are not ready
    yet, testing is hopefull. The reason of my question is that somehow I'm
    still missing a clue.

    - In the CreateChildControls all controls are created
    - the html will be generated and posted to the client
    - the client see the control on his page
    - het than modifies several textfields

    suppose that because of a dropdownlist event or a button event (both part of
    the composite control) a postbackevent will occur.
    From what I know is that the process which follows is:
    - the CreateChildControls is called
    - the event will be handled

    Now my point:
    How can it be that the modified textboxes keep there changed values. Which
    is what I need, but on the other hand the CreateChildControls has run and
    the original values are again replaced.

    So my Question is. How does this work!!!
    Thanx

    Ton
    ton, Feb 10, 2004

  2. hi Ton, this has been very nicely explained in detail by Jeffery Tan[MSFT],
    a very recent post too however you must have missed it, take a look :

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...8hFVmi7DHA.2164%40cpmsftngxa07.phx.gbl&rnum=1

    Alessandro Zifiglio, Feb 10, 2004

  3. ton

    ton Guest

    again, many thanx this made things very clear to me

    "Alessandro Zifiglio" <> schreef in
    bericht news:DT1Wb.5493$...

    ton, Feb 10, 2004