Composite controls! It does work but How ???

ton

Hi,
I'm using several composite controls. Allthough my controls are not ready
yet, testing is hopefull. The reason of my question is that somehow I'm
still missing a clue.

- In the CreateChildControls all controls are created
- the html will be generated and posted to the client
- the client see the control on his page
- het than modifies several textfields

suppose that because of a dropdownlist event or a button event (both part of
the composite control) a postbackevent will occur.
From what I know is that the process which follows is:
- the CreateChildControls is called
- the event will be handled

Now my point:
How can it be that the modified textboxes keep there changed values. Which
is what I need, but on the other hand the CreateChildControls has run and
the original values are again replaced.

So my Question is. How does this work!!!
Thanx

Ton

ton

again, many thanx this made things very clear to me

Alessandro Zifiglio said:
hi Ton, this has been very nicely explained in detail by Jeffery Tan[MSFT],
a very recent post too however you must have missed it, take a look :

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...8hFVmi7DHA.2164%40cpmsftngxa07.phx.gbl&rnum=1

ton said:
Hi,
I'm using several composite controls. Allthough my controls are not ready
yet, testing is hopefull. The reason of my question is that somehow I'm
still missing a clue.

- In the CreateChildControls all controls are created
- the html will be generated and posted to the client
- the client see the control on his page
- het than modifies several textfields

suppose that because of a dropdownlist event or a button event (both
part
of
the composite control) a postbackevent will occur.
From what I know is that the process which follows is: