Composite User Control event execution question

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Jacques, Jul 13, 2004.

  1. Jacques

    Jacques Guest

    Hi,

    I'm building a composite user control the parent of which sets the state of
    it's child controls using a method that the developer calls.

    So for example...
    An aspx page loads up the parent user control dynamically by creating a
    Control instance. Once this is done they call a BuildControl method which I
    have defined in a base User Control class from which all other user controls
    inherit. This method is there to allow the user/developer to first set all
    the relevant variables before having the User Control finally render.

    Problem: I have a small bit of code in the Page_Load event that checks for
    values, then I have the BuildControl method called by the user/developer. As
    far as I know, the Page_Load event should fire then the method that is
    called by the user. Yet I have breakpoints set in my code and the page_load
    event is being fired after my BuildControl method.

    Waaaaaaat?

    Help appreciated.

    Jacques

    Jacques, Jul 13, 2004