    Which are the differences between Composite and non composite Controls? With
    Composite Controls is possible view the control at DesingTime?

    Thanks!
    Mike, Mar 10, 2005

  2. Mike

    Josh Guest

    A Composit control simply consists of more than one control enclosed in a
    single "user control" or "web control" . You cant view Usercontrols in the
    designer of Visual Studio but you can in other development environments etc
    Josh, Mar 10, 2005

  3. Mike

    JV Guest

    A composite control is composed of multiple HTML tags (or controls if you
    will) rather than rendering to just one.

    Viewing the control at design time is no problem for a "Web Custom
    Control". It just has to render properly. A "Web User Control" is
    different and does not render anything useful at design time. But it's
    easier to create.

    JV, Mar 10, 2005
  4. Mike

    Mike Guest

    OK,
    I made WebCustomControl but there are two ways to insert controls, 1) is
    overriding Render methods and insert a string with HTML format 2) overriding
    the CreateChildControls and insert controls to the Controls collection. Ok,
    if I override the Render method i can see the control at desing time when
    put it from the ToolBar, buut if I override the CreateChildControls and
    insert the controls to the Controls Collection I can't see the Control at
    DesignTime, but I can in Internet Explorer.
    Isn't possible see the control at design time if I would do it overriding
    CreateChildControls methods?

    Thanks

    Mike, Mar 10, 2005
  5. Mike

    Sundararajan Guest

    Dear Mike,
    U can render ur own html that should appear at design time when the
    composite control created by overriding Create child controls is dragged into
    the web forms. for that u have to write a custom control designer class thats
    inheritied from System.Web.UI.Design.ControlDesigner class . you override the
    GetDesignHtml(), GetEmptyDesignHTML method to render ur own html that should
    be shown in the design view.

    then bind your Custom controlDesigner class to ur custom web control class
    by specifying the ControlDesigner attribute in your web control.

    Hope this helps

    Regards,
    Sundararajan.S

    Sundararajan, Mar 11, 2005