CompositeControls not added to the toolbox

Jeronimo Bertran

Building a web control library using VS2005, the WebCustomControls are
automatically added to the toolbox but the CompositeControls are not.

Is there a way to make the CompositeControls automatically appear on the
toolbox when the web page references the library?

Thanks

Jeronimo

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Jeronimo,

Thank you for posting.

As for the toolbox, when we've referenced a class library project in
ASP.NET 2.0 web app in vs 2005, the toolbox should automatically display
all the available custom webserver controls in the class library. And there
does be possible that after some editing in the class library, the
displayed items doesn't got synchornized. I suggest you try right clicking
the toolbox(when page in design view) and use the "reset Toolbox" menu item
to reset it. After the reset, the items should be refreshed to the updated
view.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Community Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

You're welcome Jeronimo,

Good luck!

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Community Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Jeronimo Bertran

Steven,

I have found thet Resetting the toolbox sometimes works and sometimes
doesn't. In some cases I have found that resetting the toolbox doesn't add
my CompositeControls, and closing VS2005, openning it again and resetting
the toolbox then SOMETIMES fixes it. I have noticed that I only have this
problem with CompositeControls and not with WebControls I created.

Just to let you know.

Jeronimo Bertran

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for your followup Jeronimo,