Compress data on server and uncompress on client?

Guest

I have a dynamic xml file that needs to be downloaded periodically to the
client from an ASP.Net application. This file can be rather large, but it
zips up very small. Does anyone know of a simple way that I can compress the
file from my ASP.Net server code and then uncompress it from client jscript
to read it? Maybe there is an IIS setting that automatically compresses
data. Any suggestions?

Dave Anderson

Harry said:
I have a dynamic xml file that needs to be downloaded periodically to
the client from an ASP.Net application. This file can be rather
large, but it zips up very small. Does anyone know of a simple way
that I can compress the file from my ASP.Net server code and then
uncompress it from client jscript to read it? Maybe there is an IIS
setting that automatically compresses data. Any suggestions?

Here's one:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...IIS/d52ff289-94d3-4085-bc4e-24eb4f312e0e.mspx

MSDN

Dave,

I am wondering how many people are using this and if all browsers can handle
compression well. Any issues?
How much speed improvement can you get out of this.

Sa