Compress text on server, decompress on client using JavaScript?

Szeged

I'm new to JavaScript. I have relatively large amounts of text
(~200 kB) that I need to transfer to my web application every
now and then. Using RAR, I get a 5:1 compression ratio on
these files, for example one of 180 kB is compressed to 34kB.

Is there some standard way to decompress files in JavaScript?
If not, what would you do in this case?