    Is there any open source Python software (preferably biopython) written
    which runs on a cluster. Alternatively are there interfaces written in
    Python to existing cluster software.
    uli, Jun 6, 2005

  2. uli

    Mandus Guest

    6 Jun 2005 07:22:54 -0700 skrev uli:
    > Is there any open source Python software (preferably biopython) written
    > which runs on a cluster. Alternatively are there interfaces written in
    > Python to existing cluster software.

    Can you be more specific? There are for example several MPI interfaces
    (pyMPI, pypar, ScientificPython.MPI). With pyMPI, you can run python
    interactively on a cluster if you want.

    But you are probably looking for something else?

    btw, soon there will be PyFDM (pyfdm.sf.net) which will make it possible
    to do FDM on a cluster (or any parallel computer) with little effort.

    mvh,
    --
    Mandus - the only mandus around.
    Mandus, Jun 6, 2005

  3. uli

    uli Guest

    Hi Mandus

    Thanks for your reply. I am looking for an application written in
    python (preferably a bioinformatics application) which will be able to
    take advantage of parallel processing on a cluster. I guess what I am
    asking for is applications which have been written using pyMPI or other
    python MPI modules.

    Regards
    Uli
    uli, Jun 6, 2005