Computer Language Shootout

igouy

Jim said:
Judging from the output displayed on

<http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/benchmark.php?test=regexdna&lang=perl
&id=0>

it looks like the perl version of regex-dna was run with the wrong
argument:

/usr/bin/perl ../regexdna.perl 1

instead of

/usr/bin/perl ../regexdna.perl ../../../website/desc/regexdna-input.txt

In other words, without its data file.

Thanks for directing my attention to that symptom, the perl proram was
being provided with the redirected file regexdna-input.txt, but the
command-line parameter seemed to cause some confusion.

Simply changing
my $contents = <>;
my $contents = <STDIN>;
has fixed that problem

Which just leaves 3 other errors...

igouy

Jim said:
We don't have Perl implementations for a couple of programs, and a
couple of the Perl programs we do have show Error.

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/benchmark.php?test=all&lang=perl&lang2=perl&
sort=fullcpu

Please contribute missing Perl programs or faster more-elegant Perl
programs.

Please follow the FAQ instructions
http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/faq.php#contribute

best wishes, Isaac

Judging from the output displayed on

<http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/benchmark.php?test=regexdna&lang=perl
&id=0>

it looks like the perl version of regex-dna was run with the wrong
argument:

/usr/bin/perl ../regexdna.perl 1

instead of

/usr/bin/perl ../regexdna.perl ../../../website/desc/regexdna-input.txt

In other words, without its data file.

I have submitted a bug report to
<https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?group_id=30402&atid=411002>

color]