Computer Language Shootout

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by igouy@yahoo.com, Nov 29, 2005.

  1. Guest

    , Nov 29, 2005

    Jim Gibson wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > We don't have Perl implementations for a couple of programs, and a
    > > couple of the Perl programs we do have show Error.
    > >

    > > http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/benchmark.php?test=all&lang=perl&lang2=perl&
    > > sort=fullcpu
    > >

    > > Please contribute missing Perl programs or faster more-elegant Perl
    > > programs.
    > >
    > > Please follow the FAQ instructions
    > > http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/faq.php#contribute
    > >
    > > best wishes, Isaac
    > >

    > Judging from the output displayed on
    >
    > <http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/benchmark.php?test=regexdna&lang=perl
    > &id=0>
    >
    > it looks like the perl version of regex-dna was run with the wrong
    > argument:
    >
    > /usr/bin/perl ../regexdna.perl 1
    >
    > instead of
    >
    > /usr/bin/perl ../regexdna.perl ../../../website/desc/regexdna-input.txt
    >
    > In other words, without its data file.

    Thanks for directing my attention to that symptom, the perl proram was
    being provided with the redirected file regexdna-input.txt, but the
    command-line parameter seemed to cause some confusion.

    Simply changing
    my $contents = <>;
    my $contents = <STDIN>;
    has fixed that problem

    Which just leaves 3 other errors...

    , Nov 30, 2005

    Jim Gibson wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > We don't have Perl implementations for a couple of programs, and a
    > > couple of the Perl programs we do have show Error.
    > >

    > > http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/benchmark.php?test=all&lang=perl&lang2=perl&
    > > sort=fullcpu
    > >

    > > Please contribute missing Perl programs or faster more-elegant Perl
    > > programs.
    > >
    > > Please follow the FAQ instructions
    > > http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/faq.php#contribute
    > >
    > > best wishes, Isaac
    > >

    > Judging from the output displayed on
    >
    > <http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/benchmark.php?test=regexdna&lang=perl
    > &id=0>
    >
    > it looks like the perl version of regex-dna was run with the wrong
    > argument:
    >
    > /usr/bin/perl ../regexdna.perl 1
    >
    > instead of
    >
    > /usr/bin/perl ../regexdna.perl ../../../website/desc/regexdna-input.txt
    >
    > In other words, without its data file.
    >
    > I have submitted a bug report to
    > <https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?group_id=30402&atid=411002>

    > http://www.usenet.com