    and thank you!

    -Prado.

    , Nov 2, 2005

  2. Joe Estock Guest

    [OT] Re: computer programming

    wrote:
    > hello all!
    > if u dont mind, please
    > visit and register in my site
    > www.javaholics.tk
    > for java programming discussions
    > all other programming languages and discussions are welcome!

    [snip]

    Heh, spamming a C language newsgroup with a java forum. Recommendations
    for the all-time-idiot award anyone?

    Joe

    Joe Estock, Nov 3, 2005

  3. Re: [OT] Re: computer programming

    Joe Estock <> writes:
    > wrote:
    >> hello all!
    >> if u dont mind, please
    >> visit and register in my site
    >> www.javaholics.tk
    >> for java programming discussions
    >> all other programming languages and discussions are welcome!

    > [snip]
    >
    > Heh, spamming a C language newsgroup with a java
    > forum. Recommendations for the all-time-idiot award anyone?

    Nah. If you think this qualifies for the all-time-idiot award, you
    haven't been here long.

    Keith Thompson, Nov 3, 2005
  4. Joe Estock Guest

    Keith Thompson wrote:
    > Joe Estock <> writes:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>hello all!
    >>>if u dont mind, please
    >>>visit and register in my site
    >>>www.javaholics.tk
    >>>for java programming discussions
    >>>all other programming languages and discussions are welcome!

    >>[snip]
    >>
    >>Heh, spamming a C language newsgroup with a java
    >>forum. Recommendations for the all-time-idiot award anyone?

    > Nah. If you think this qualifies for the all-time-idiot award, you
    > haven't been here long.

    Depends on your definition of "been here". I've been around, but
    normally just lurking whenever I get the time. When I find something
    mildly amusing (or in this case just plain ignorant) or otherwise worth
    commenting on I'll reply. In either case, he/she/it certainly belongs in
    the top ten at least ;)

    Joe

    Joe Estock, Nov 3, 2005
  5. Joe Estock wrote:
    > Keith Thompson wrote:
    > > Joe Estock <> writes:

    > >>[snip]
    > >>
    > >>Heh, spamming a C language newsgroup with a java
    > >>forum. Recommendations for the all-time-idiot award anyone?

    > > Nah. If you think this qualifies for the all-time-idiot award, you
    > > haven't been here long.
    > >

    > Depends on your definition of "been here". I've been around, but
    > normally just lurking whenever I get the time. When I find something
    > mildly amusing (or in this case just plain ignorant) or otherwise worth
    > commenting on I'll reply. In either case, he/she/it certainly belongs in
    > the top ten at least ;)

    Keith's right. Scott Nudds, Herbert Schildt, E. Robert Tisdale...
    The list goes on and on. This guy just isn't top 10 material.

    Mark F. Haigh

    Mark F. Haigh, Nov 3, 2005
  6. "Mark F. Haigh" <> writes:
    > Joe Estock wrote:
    >> Keith Thompson wrote:

    [...]
    >> > Nah. If you think this qualifies for the all-time-idiot award, you
    >> > haven't been here long.

    >> Depends on your definition of "been here". I've been around, but
    >> normally just lurking whenever I get the time. When I find something
    >> mildly amusing (or in this case just plain ignorant) or otherwise worth
    >> commenting on I'll reply. In either case, he/she/it certainly belongs in
    >> the top ten at least ;)

    > Keith's right. Scott Nudds, Herbert Schildt, E. Robert Tisdale...
    > The list goes on and on. This guy just isn't top 10 material.

    FWIW, I don't believe Herbert Schildt has ever posted to Usenet.
    (Someone with the same name shows up a couple of times on
    groups.google.com, but I don't think it's the same person.)

    Keith Thompson, Nov 3, 2005

    He's got my vote.

    , Nov 3, 2005
  8. Keith Thompson wrote:
    > "Mark F. Haigh" <> writes:
    > > Joe Estock wrote:
    > >> Keith Thompson wrote:

    > [...]
    > >>
    > >> Depends on your definition of "been here". I've been around, but
    > >> normally just lurking whenever I get the time. When I find something
    > >> mildly amusing (or in this case just plain ignorant) or otherwise worth
    > >> commenting on I'll reply. In either case, he/she/it certainly belongs in
    > >> the top ten at least ;)

    > > Keith's right. Scott Nudds, Herbert Schildt, E. Robert Tisdale...
    > > The list goes on and on. This guy just isn't top 10 material.

    > FWIW, I don't believe Herbert Schildt has ever posted to Usenet.
    > (Someone with the same name shows up a couple of times on
    > groups.google.com, but I don't think it's the same person.)

    Depends on the way you look at it. He himself does not post; rather,
    he prefers to send legions of frustrated, poorly informed, void main
    returning, conio.h including, undefined behavior invoking souls to
    comp.lang.c to do his bidding.

    The man is evil. Both his code and prose fiendishly seek to tangle the
    reader in subtle webs of mistruths and deceit. His books should be
    cast back into the depths of the fiery hell from which they were
    wrought.

    Mark F. Haigh

    Mark F. Haigh, Nov 3, 2005
  9. Joe Wright Guest

    Mark F. Haigh wrote:
    > Keith Thompson wrote:

    >>[...]
    >>>
    >>>Keith's right. Scott Nudds, Herbert Schildt, E. Robert Tisdale...
    >>>The list goes on and on. This guy just isn't top 10 material.

    >>FWIW, I don't believe Herbert Schildt has ever posted to Usenet.
    >>(Someone with the same name shows up a couple of times on
    >>groups.google.com, but I don't think it's the same person.)
    >>

    > Depends on the way you look at it. He himself does not post; rather,
    > he prefers to send legions of frustrated, poorly informed, void main
    > returning, conio.h including, undefined behavior invoking souls to
    > comp.lang.c to do his bidding.
    >
    > The man is evil. Both his code and prose fiendishly seek to tangle the
    > reader in subtle webs of mistruths and deceit. His books should be
    > cast back into the depths of the fiery hell from which they were
    > wrought.

    Don't lighten up on him Mark, tell us what you really think. :)

    --
    Joe Wright
    --- Albert Einstein ---

    Joe Wright, Nov 4, 2005