Computer Security Information and What You Can Do To Keep Your SystemSafe!

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Andrew.Adler.group.com@gmail.com, Dec 2, 2007.

  1. Guest

    ..:: Unix and Linux Hacking and Security ::.
    1. Unix - Vulnerabilities and Advisories
    -- Tutorials and Papers
    -- Specific Exploits and Vulnerabilities

    2. Unix - Security Tools
    -- Unix Security and Audit Tools (Including IDS and Access Control
    Tools)
    -- Unix Log Analysis Tools
    -- Unix Proxies, Firewalls and Accessories
    -- Unix Miscellany

    3. Unix - BSD, FreeBSD, etc...
    -- FreeBSD
    -- BSD and Misc. BSD variants
    -- BSD Security Tools
    -- BSD Micro-distributions

    4. Unix - Solaris, SunOS etc...
    -- Solaris
    -- SunOS
    -- Cobalt Appliances
    -- SunOS and Solaris Security Tools

    5. Unix - Other Flavors (Irix, HPUX, AIX, etc...)
    -- SGI/Irix
    -- HP-UX
    -- AIX
    -- SCO
    -- Miscellaneous

    6. Linux - Vulnerabilities and Advisories
    -- Linux - General Hacking
    -- Linux Application Exploits
    -- Linux - Red Hat Specific
    -- Linux - Debian Specific

    7. Linux - Security Tools
    -- Linux - Intrusion Detection
    -- Linux - Access Control
    -- Linux Log Analysis Tools
    -- Linux Rootkits
    -- Linux Proxies and Firewalls
    -- Linux - General Security and Audit Tools

    8. Linux - Security-oriented mini- and micro-distributions
    -- DMZS-Biatchux
    -- NSA Security Enhanced Linux
    -- Linux Mini- and Micro-distributions
    -- Applications

    ..:: Windows Hacking and Security ::.
    1. Windows Vulnerabilities, Advisories, and even security flaws
    introduced by so-called security products!!!
    -- Microsoft IIS Vulnerabilities
    -- Microsoft FrontPage Vulnerabilities
    -- Microsoft Internet Explorer Vulnerabilities
    -- Windows Application Vulnerabilities
    -- Windows Internet/Networking Vulnerabilities
    -- Insecurities introduced by "security" programs!
    -- Netscape Browsers
    -- Windows Hacks - Miscellaneous

    2. Windows Security and Auditing Tools
    -- Windows Registry Tools
    -- Windows and MSDOS Security and Auditing Tools
    -- Windows Local Security
    -- File/Disk/Log Shredders

    3. Windows Miscellany
    -- Raw Sockets and Custom Packet Building
    -- A Few Little Extras for Microsoft "Fans"

    ..:: Crypto, Virology, Cracking and Backdoors ::.
    1. Cryptography, Cryptanalysis, Steganography
    -- Crypto: PGP and GPG
    -- Crypto: Cryptanalysis
    -- Crypto: Steganography
    -- Crypto: Miscellaneous
    -- Misc. File Encryptors

    2. About Viruses and Worms
    -- Virus Info Files and Advisories
    -- Worms
    -- Virus/Worm Protection Utilities

    3. Backdoors, Trojans and defenses
    -- Back Orifice and BO2K
    -- SubSeven and Addons
    -- Other Remote Administration Tools
    -- Trojan Detectors/Removers/Retaliators
    -- Information Files

    ..:: Learn what Hackers know, how they do it, and what you can do to
    keep your system safe ::.
    1. General Hacking Information
    -- General Security Concepts
    -- Antique Systems
    -- Oracle
    -- Tools, Advisories and Exploits affecting multiple platforms
    -- PC Software and BIOS Hacking
    -- Truly Miscellaneous Hacking Info

    2. Password Security
    -- Password Hacking
    -- Password Generators
    -- Password Security Audit Programs
    -- Word Lists

    3. Scanning, Fingerprinting and similar techniques
    -- Network Scanning
    -- "Wargames" Modem Carrier Scanning
    -- Fingerprinting
    -- Sniffing

    4. How Hackers Attack Numerous Internet Services
    -- Denial of Service Attacks
    -- Email and News
    -- Proxies and IP Spoofing
    -- DNS and BIND
    -- SPAM
    -- FTP
    -- General Unsorted Information
    -- Indispensible Internet Utilities
    -- Cable and DSL Info and Hacking

    5. How Hackers Attack Web Servers, CGIs, PHP, ASP, etc...
    -- Web Site Hacking - General and Miscellaneous
    -- Web Site Hacking - Specific Sites
    -- Web Site Hacking - Servers
    -- Web Site Hacking - CGI, Perl, ASP, PHP etc.
    -- Web BBSes
    -- Web Site Hacking - Audit Tools

    6. How Hackers attack IRC, Instant Messaging, and Multiplayer Games
    -- ICQ Hacking
    -- IRC Hacking, Scripts and Bots
    -- AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)
    -- Miscellaneous Chat/gaming Systems

    7. Vulnerabilities found in Platforms with Smaller Market Share
    -- Macintosh
    -- PalmOS
    -- Printers
    -- Dedicated Network Appliances, Hubs, Routers, etc...
    -- Cisco Equipment
    -- Miscellaneous

    8. How Hackers Attack Novell and 802.11b Networks
    -- Novell Networks
    -- Wireless LANs
    -- X.25 Networks
    -- Miscellaneous Networking Information

    ..:: Computer Security Information ::.
    -- Access Control
    -- Basics
    -- Chat Systems
    -- Cryptography
    -- Denial Of Service
    -- Hacking Security Groups
    -- Hardening Securing Papers
    -- ICQ
    -- Intrusion Detection Systems
    -- IRC
    -- Miscellaneous
    -- Network Auditing Secuirty Penetration
    -- Online Privacy
    -- Operating Systems
    -- Protocols

    ..:: Phreaking - The black art of telephony ::.
    1. GENERAL - General Information About the Phone Company
    -- Hacking Answering Machines and Voice Mail
    -- Phreaking Programs

    2. Electronic Toll Fraud and Other Phone Devices
    -- The Fixer's Box Review - Read this before you read the rest of
    these files!
    -- Blue and Green Boxes
    -- Red Box
    -- Beige and Bridge Boxes
    -- Various new boxes
    -- Programs to generate phreak tones

    3. All about Payphones, COCOTs, BOCOTs, etc...
    -- Payphones
    -- COCOTs
    -- Nortel/Quortech Millennium
    -- Smart Cards/Phone Cards

    4. Cellular Telephones and the Hacking Thereof
    -- Cellular Phones by Manufacturer
    -- Miscellaneous Info
    -- Miscellaneous Utilities

    5. Caller ID and ANI
    -- Caller ID and CLASS
    -- ANI and ANAC

    6. Scans, numbers of interest
    -- Lists of Phone Numbers

    7. Sounds from the phone system
    -- SIT Tones are said to thwart predictive dialers used by
    Telemarketers!

    ..:: Security Publications ::.
    -- Computer Incident Advisory Capability
    -- Call And Response Telephone Compilations
    -- Forbidden Knowledge
    -- Keen Veracity
    -- Lexxicor
    -- Midnight Hackers Private Club
    -- Phrack
    -- Risks Forum Digest
    -- Tricks Of The Trade
    -- Underground Periodical

    ..:: Law, Privacy, Wetware, Hardware, File Sharing and more ::.
    1. HARDWARE - Hardware, Electronics, Radio etc.
    -- TEMPEST
    -- Bugs and Listening Devices
    -- Miscellaneous

    2. Hackers and the Law
    -- Copyright Law and Cases
    -- Net Censorship
    -- Cases involving 2600 Magazine
    -- The SDMI affair
    -- Brian West
    -- September 11th Backlash Legislation
    -- General Legal Bufu

    3. About Napster, Gnutella, and other File Sharing schemes

    4. About your dwindling privacy
    -- Privacy Digest
    -- Internet Privacy
    -- Espionage
    -- Privacy Deprivation Tools

    5. Wetware Hacking!
    -- Social Engineering and NLP
    -- Seduction
    -- Miscellaneous Wetware Hacking

    6. Physical Security, Scams etc...
    -- Physical Security and Countersecurity
    -- Financial Crimes Detection and Prevention
    -- Vending Machine Hacking

    ..:: The standards that define the Internet ::.
    1. RFCs - Internet RFCs 3094 to 3195
    -- Internet RFCs 3094 to 3195

    2. Other Standards and Official Publications
    -- US Department of Energy CIAC-2300 Documents
    -- NIPC CyberNotes

    --- Thank You ---

    Source: http://www.fx-vista.com
    , Dec 2, 2007

    Re: Computer Security Information and What You Can Do To Keep Your System Safe!

    I think the MI5 man is closer to the topic.

    , Dec 2, 2007