comunication between 2 WebApplications with Webservices

Michael R.

Hello,

First sorry for my english! ;)

I want to communicate between 2 Webapplications!

In the first Application I logged on! Now I want to pass throw the
user to the other Application! I want use Webapplications, but i don't
know how!

I hope someone of you can help me!

nice day!

Mike

Michael R.

Hello,

No these 2 webapplikations are on diffrent domains! Its a kind of
portal, where you logged on, and get the authentification for all
Webapplikations where you have rights! Now you have a choice, witch
application you want to start.

Problem with Cookies .... only valid for the same domain! And Session
variable only valid for one .net webapplication.

nice day!

Mike

Hi Michael,
Is the user going to be using the 2 webapplications in their browser,
or is
the first application the only ones that they see in their browser?

For my answer, I'm going to assume that the user is connecting to one
site,
and then being sent to another site, correct? And at the second site,
you
want to use the same authentication that the user provided on the
first
site, correct?

If both sites are at the same domain, then you could use cookies to
transfer
the data.
Example:
1) User goes to www.mysite.com
2) User then logs into this site: at that time a domain cookie is
given to
the user.
3) User is then redirected to site2.mysite.com
4) site2 can read the domain cookie that www.mysite.com placed in the
user's
browser.

Depending on the level of security you need, you may want to encode or
encrypt this cookie as well.

HTH

Steve