    I hope someone of you can help me!

    nice day!

    Mike
    Michael R., Feb 22, 2005

  2. Michael R.

    Michael R. Guest

    Hello,

    No these 2 webapplikations are on diffrent domains! Its a kind of
    portal, where you logged on, and get the authentification for all
    Webapplikations where you have rights! Now you have a choice, witch
    application you want to start.

    Problem with Cookies .... only valid for the same domain! And Session
    variable only valid for one .net webapplication.

    nice day!

    Mike

    Hi Michael,
    Is the user going to be using the 2 webapplications in their browser,
    or is
    the first application the only ones that they see in their browser?

    For my answer, I'm going to assume that the user is connecting to one
    site,
    and then being sent to another site, correct? And at the second site,
    you
    want to use the same authentication that the user provided on the
    first
    site, correct?

    If both sites are at the same domain, then you could use cookies to
    transfer
    the data.
    Example:
    1) User goes to www.mysite.com
    2) User then logs into this site: at that time a domain cookie is
    given to
    the user.
    3) User is then redirected to site2.mysite.com
    4) site2 can read the domain cookie that www.mysite.com placed in the
    user's
    browser.

    Depending on the level of security you need, you may want to encode or
    encrypt this cookie as well.

    HTH

    Steve

    Michael R., Feb 23, 2005