    is displayed in the table. What is causing this?

    thanks
    LJB

    LJB, Apr 12, 2007

  2. LJB wrote:
    > I have an ASP that displays two MS Access memo fields in separate
    > table cells just fine. However when I concatenate them with SQL as in
    > "select fld1 & fld2 as temp...." to display them in one cell only
    > part of the first field is displayed in the table. What is causing
    > this?

    Concatenating in the query requires the query engine to coerce the
    operands to Text, which causes the truncation. You will notice that this
    occurs if you create and run a query that does this concatenation in
    Access Query builder.

    Do the "concatenation" when writing the data to response (use two
    separate response.writes, one for each memo field)
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Apr 12, 2007

  3. LJB

    LJB Guest

    "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > LJB wrote:
    >> I have an ASP that displays two MS Access memo fields in separate
    >> table cells just fine. However when I concatenate them with SQL as in
    >> "select fld1 & fld2 as temp...." to display them in one cell only
    >> part of the first field is displayed in the table. What is causing
    >> this?
    >>

    > Concatenating in the query requires the query engine to coerce the
    > operands to Text, which causes the truncation. You will notice that this
    > occurs if you create and run a query that does this concatenation in
    > Access Query builder.
    >
    > Do the "concatenation" when writing the data to response (use two
    > separate response.writes, one for each memo field)
    > --
    > Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Problem solved.
    Thank you.