concatenate Access memo fields?

LJB

I have an ASP that displays two MS Access memo fields in separate table
cells just fine. However when I concatenate them with SQL as in "select fld1
& fld2 as temp...." to display them in one cell only part of the first field
is displayed in the table. What is causing this?

thanks
LJB

Bob Barrows [MVP]

LJB said:
I have an ASP that displays two MS Access memo fields in separate
table cells just fine. However when I concatenate them with SQL as in
"select fld1 & fld2 as temp...." to display them in one cell only
part of the first field is displayed in the table. What is causing
this?
Concatenating in the query requires the query engine to coerce the
operands to Text, which causes the truncation. You will notice that this
occurs if you create and run a query that does this concatenation in
Access Query builder.

Do the "concatenation" when writing the data to response (use two
separate response.writes, one for each memo field)

LJB

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
Problem solved.