    running WinXP Home with ActiveState Perl v5.6.1

    Any help will be much appreciated.

    regards, Mike
    Mike James, Sep 19, 2003

  2. Mike James

    Jim Gibson Guest

    In article <Xns93FAE89686959maentigejmsethnnt@206.127.4.25>, Mike James
    <> wrote:

    > I admit it. I'm a newbie...
    >
    > I want to concatenate a series of text files by recursively going down a
    > folder hierarchy. All the files have the same extension (*.txt) and I'm
    > running WinXP Home with ActiveState Perl v5.6.1
    >
    > Any help will be much appreciated.
    >
    > regards, Mike

    Check out the module File::Find (I have not used it, but it should
    enable you to do what you want.) If you don't have that, or can't
    figure out how to use it (it uses subroution references, which can make
    it complicated for a beginner), then check out the opendir, readdir,
    and closedir functions, and file test operators.

    If you have perldoc installed:

    perldoc File::Find
    perldoc -f opendir
    perldoc -f readdir
    perldoc perlfunc <- search for "file test" or "Alphabetical
    Listing of Perl Functions"

    FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.land.perl.misc in the future.
    Jim Gibson, Sep 19, 2003