Concatenating Multiple Values for DataValueField

Guest

How can I do something like this

AuthorList.DataValueField = "au_lname" &"-"& "au_id"

I want to concatenate two columns together. Any ideas??

Marina

You can't do that. Do it in your SQL instead, so it is one column when it
comes in. Or, if you are using a datatable as the source, create an
appropriate expression column, and use that as the data value field.

Marina

What would an update mean? Which field would you be updating in any type of
scenario? No matter you accomplish this, obviously you would always have to
manually build the sql yourself, or have each column selected separately as
well, and update it appropriately.