for i=0 to 100
var=var & i
next
response.write i

instead of

for i=0 to 100
response.write i
next

but I have found pages that are now advocating that using method 2 provides
better performance as the server no longer has to resize the string and add
stuff for each iteration. Then on the other hand other pages are telling me
that sometimes it's OK. Not one has said one way or the other.

Can any of you guys tell me what to do?

Cheers,
Andy.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Andy said:
Hi,

I am a big fan of:

var=""
for i=0 to 100
var=var & i
next
response.write i

instead of

for i=0 to 100
response.write i
next

but I have found pages that are now advocating that using method 2
provides better performance as the server no longer has to resize the
string and add stuff for each iteration. Then on the other hand
other pages are telling me that sometimes it's OK. Not one has said
one way or the other.

Can any of you guys tell me what to do?

Cheers,
Andy.

Chris Hohmann just posted a discussion about this yesterday. Let's see ...
http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=#[email protected]

Bob Barrows