Concept Question

Discussion in 'XML' started by Rhino, Jan 13, 2005.

  1. Rhino

    Rhino Guest

    I am thinking about making my resume available in XML format so that
    prospective customers/employers can download it from my website. Generating
    a document in XML shouldn't be too hard but the resume is going to be pretty
    ugly to read in basic XML format.

    Would I be right in assuming that I should also give a prospective reader of
    my resume an XSLT or something functionally equivalent in order to format
    the resume nicely?

    Also, will I need to tell a prospective reader of my resume how to combine
    XML and XSLT and where to get a program or programs that can handle both?
    Surely, there must be many people out there who know nothing about XML so it
    seems unrealistic to simply supply the XML and XSLT for download and expect
    someone unfamiliar with XML to know how to combine them. (I did some XML and
    XSLT tutorials several months back and *I* don't recall how to combine them
    myself!)

    I'm curious how others are handling similar situations; I'd like to imitate
    the most professional approach possible.

    --
    Rhino
    ---
    Rhino, Jan 13, 2005

  2. In article <u7jFd.37237$>,
    "Rhino" <> wrote:

    > I'd like to imitate the most professional approach possible.

    Then I suggest providing your resume to the reader as HTML 4.01 Strict
    or as plain text. That is, you do the transformation from the source
    format--not the reader.

    --
    Henri Sivonen

    http://iki.fi/hsivonen/