Conception question

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by PHILIPPE, Jun 17, 2004.

  1. PHILIPPE

    PHILIPPE Guest

    Hello everybody
    I'm facing something maybe trivial but I cannot found the solution.
    Here is the situation:
    I want to code three web visual components that will all inherit from
    the same base class called FormItem (abstract)
    A FormItem has an Id, a Parent (which is a form item also), a Form
    Item child collection, a Type (literal), a sort tag and some other
    properties. This base class is built with two other classes
    (FormItemEnumerator and FormItemList) to provide access to the child
    collection.
    The three derivated classes will be named Page, Group, Question. A
    page can contain groups and questions, a group can only contain
    questions.
    All the properties are saved to a Sql database in the FormItem class
    so that data can be retrieve later. Each visual component will be able
    to support postback events.

    What is the best way to code this? Should I code all my classes and
    then create the visual components based on those classes or should I
    start creating the visual components directly derivating from my main
    class?
    I have some difficulties to separate the presentation, the events, the
    base objects themselves, the persistence of the objects during
    postback events, and the DB access to save/retrieve data

    If you have already faced such an issue or if you have a good example,
    please help me :)

    Regards
    Philippe

    PHILIPPE, Jun 17, 2004