Conditional behaviour on client side based on return value from BLL

Rob

Hi,

I am using a databound web control (infragistics webgrid) whose dataobject's
delete row property is set to run a particular method in the Business Logic
Layer. Before calling the Data Access Layer to perform the row delete,
some business rule validation is performed. If it fails the validation, I
want to return a value to the presentation layer which will display a label
informing the user that the delete row was rejected.

Unfortunately, the infragistics control does not seem to have an appropriate
server side handler to do perform the necessary exception handling, so I'm
wondering if there's a way I can check the return value of the assigned
delete method for the datasource
in the .aspx file to determine if the deletion was accepted.

If it's not possible, is there any other way that I may be able to handle
this situation?

Thanks
Rob

nahid

[...]