Conditional client side behaviour based on return value from databound Insert method

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Rob, Jul 10, 2007.

  1. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Hi,

    I am using a databound web control (infragistics webgrid) whose dataobject's
    delete row property is set to run a particular method in the Business Logic
    Layer. Before calling the Data Access Layer to perform the row delete, a
    some business rule validation is performed. If it fails the validation, I
    want to return a value to the presentation layer which will display a label
    informing the user that the delete row was rejected.

    Unfortunately, the infragistics control does not seem to have an appropriate
    server side handler to do perform the necessary exception handling, so I'm
    wondering if there's a way I can check the return value of the delete method
    in the .aspx file to determine if the deletion was accepted.

    If it's not possible, is there any other way that I may be able to handle
    this situation?

    Thanks
    Rob

    Rob, Jul 10, 2007