conditional controls in a repeater

syd

I am trying to code a evaluation form and use native controls in ASP.NET
and C#.

each line in the repeater controls has a question - but the control to
input the answer could be a selection of a radiolist (either 2 or 5 radio
buttons) or a text box to allow a free form question.

Can the code behind emit the desired control in the data bind event?, or
do i put select case in the html on the page.

the database has a field for the answer type. and it could look like this

1) question o o o o o
2) question o o
3) comment ___________

It all seems so easy in class - but when you try to put it in practice...
I do ASP usually and it would be handled quite differently.