Conditonal XSD validation based on elements values

nassim.bouayad.agha

Hello,
I am seeking for information about conditional XSD validation based on
elements values,but unfortunatly,I could not find a clear answer.Let's
say that I have three XML elements named GROUP,SUB_GROUP and VALUE.How
to validate the VALUE element depending on GROUP and SUB_GROUP values?
Like if GROUP equals 3 and SUB_GROUP equals 4 then VALUE must be a
string enumeration...
Is it possible to perform that with XSD?I have seen some example using
schemapath (XPath conditions),but that does not seem to be
normalized...?!
Thank you in advance.
Regards.
Nassim

Joseph J. Kesselman

I am seeking for information about conditional XSD validation based on
elements values

Not supported in XML Schema at this time. Use the xsi:type attribute to
explicitly indicate which type the element is supposed to be interpreted as.

nassim.bouayad.agha

Not supported in XML Schema at this time. Use the xsi:type attribute to
explicitly indicate which type the element is supposed to be interpreted as.

Thank you for yout answer.

nassim.bouayad.agha

Not supported in XML Schema at this time. Use the xsi:type attribute to
explicitly indicate which type the element is supposed to be interpreted as.

Thank you for your answer.
Regards.
Nassim.