Config: Allow Roles does not work as expected

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Brian Takita, May 5, 2005.

  1. Brian Takita

    Brian Takita Guest

    Hello,

    The following setting in web.config does not work:
    <authorization>
    <allow roles="DOMAIN\Administrators" />
    <deny users="*" />
    </authorization>

    The following setting in web.config does work:
    <authorization>
    <allow roles="BUILTIN\Administrators" />
    <deny users="*" />
    </authorization>

    This is a problem for me because I also want to allow other domain
    groups to use the application.

    Does anybody know why the builtin account works but not the domain
    account? Is there anything that I need to do?

    Thank you,
    Brian Takita

    Brian Takita, May 5, 2005

  2. Patrick Olurotimi Ige, May 5, 2005

  3. Brian Takita

    Brian Takita Guest

    I am using Windows Authentication and the accounts are part of the
    domain.
    I want to do authentication by user account and not by the computer
    that access the application.

    Brian Takita, May 12, 2005
  4. Brian Takita another thing..
    Make sure that in your web.config you have
    <identity impersonate="true"/>
    If problem persist..
    Post it

    Patrick