Config: Allow Roles does not work as expected

Brian Takita

Hello,

The following setting in web.config does not work:
<authorization>
<allow roles="DOMAIN\Administrators" />
<deny users="*" />
</authorization>

The following setting in web.config does work:
<authorization>
<allow roles="BUILTIN\Administrators" />
<deny users="*" />
</authorization>

This is a problem for me because I also want to allow other domain
groups to use the application.

Does anybody know why the builtin account works but not the domain
account? Is there anything that I need to do?

Thank you,
Brian Takita

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

Are you using Windows Authentication?
Are the PC's a member of the DOMAIN?

Brian Takita

I am using Windows Authentication and the accounts are part of the
domain.
I want to do authentication by user account and not by the computer
that access the application.

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

Brian Takita another thing..
Make sure that in your web.config you have
<identity impersonate="true"/>
If problem persist..
Post it

Patrick