config directory under WEB-INF

FCoue

Hello,

I have a webapp with config and logs directories under WEB-INF at the same
level that classes directory.
When I deploy a new version of my webapp, the config and logs directories
are erased by the new one included in my app.war.
What the best solution to keep directories included in a webapp under
WEB-INF ?
For instance, the solution I have is to save and restore old directories
after having deploy the new version of the webapp.
Is it advised to manage a config directory, log directory outside WEB-INF or
is-it possible to deploy partially a webapp (only classes) ?
And how to do ? using EAR file ?

Thanks for ideas.

F. Coue

Raymond DeCampo

FCoue said:
Hello,

I have a webapp with config and logs directories under WEB-INF at the same
level that classes directory.
When I deploy a new version of my webapp, the config and logs directories
are erased by the new one included in my app.war.

This is acceptable behavior from an application server. Remember, the
server isn't even obligated to exploded your war file into a directory.
What the best solution to keep directories included in a webapp under
WEB-INF ?

Don't keep files that will change while the application runs under the
WAR file's exploded directory.
For instance, the solution I have is to save and restore old directories
after having deploy the new version of the webapp.
Is it advised to manage a config directory, log directory outside WEB-INF or
is-it possible to deploy partially a webapp (only classes) ?

That would depend on the application server.
And how to do ? using EAR file ?

Same issues with EAR files.

HTH,
Ray